Harry had always been small and skinny for his age. He look even small and skinnier than he really was because all he had to wear were old clothes of Dudley's and Dudley was about four times bigger than he was. Harry had a thin face, knobbly knees, black hair and bright-green eyes. He wore round glasses held together with a lot of Sellotape because of all the times Dudley punched him on the nose. The only thing Harry liked about his own appearance was a very thin scar on his forehead which was shaped like a bolt of lightning.
(J.K. Rowling, from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone)
Forthcoming from Crescent Moon Publishing:
A brand new critical study of Harry Potter, the Harry Potter cultural phenomenon, the Harry Potter books, the Harry Potter films and the Harry Potter franchise.
This new critical analysis explores the Harry Potter cultural phenomenon, the most remarkable event publishing of the past ten, twenty, thirty or more years. Since 1997, J.K. Rowling's books have sold nearly 200 million copies, selling more than Stephen King, John Grisham, Tom Clancy and J.R.R. Tolkien.
- the relation of Harry Potter to British literature and culture.
- fantasy fiction and Harry Potter.
- the history of children's literature and Harry Potter.
- Rowling's literary sources. Rowling's literary and narrative strategies.
- the use of magic and witchcraft in the books.
- psychology in Harry Potter.
- analyses of each book.
- the Harry Potter phenomenon in book publishing. The story of the publication of the books.
- the Harry Potter films: the making of the films, the scripts, the adaption process, casting, production, critical reception.
- the relationship of the Harry Potter films to other contemporary Hollywood movies.
- the economic and business aspects of the Harry Potter phenomenon.
- the marketing of the Harry Potter franchise.
- the audiences of Harry Potter products.
- merchandizing, licensing, toys, etc.
- J.K. Rowling as author (and celebrity).
This book is written for the general reader (and viewer) of Harry Potter.
Jeremy Mark Robinson's books include Glorification:
Religious Abstraction in Renaissance and 20th Century Art (1990), Arthur
Rimbaud (1992), Lawrence Durrell (1995) and Detonation Britain:
Nuclear War in the UK (1997). He edits two magazines, Passion
and Pagan America (a journal of American poetry).
142pp ISBN 1-86171-058-5 £14.99 / $23.50
Provisional publication date: June 7, 2004
- Harry Potter
- J.R.R. Tolkien
- Andy Goldsworthy
- Art in Close-Up Series
- American Painters
- TV arts documentaries on DVD and video
- Renaissance Painters
- Renaissance Writers
- Media, Cinema, Culture, Feminism
- Feminism and Gender Studies
- Contemporary Poetry
- 19th Century and Romantic Culture
- European Writers
- British Poets
- Shakespeare Studies
- Arthur Rimbaud Studies
- D.H. Lawrence Studies
- John Cowper Powys Studies
- Thomas Hardy Studies
- Alchemy Records
- Index of Titles, ISBNs, Dates and Prices
- New Titles and Forthcoming Books
BY E-MAIL: : <firstname.lastname@example.org>
BY MAIL: Crescent Moon Publishing,
P.O. Box 393, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 5XU, U.K.
from the UK: 01622-729593
from the US: 01144-1622-729593
from other territories: 0044-1622-729593
ON THE INTERNET:
Crescent Moon titles can be ordered via
all of the main internet booksellers:
Amazon.com, internet bookshop <www.amazon.com> Amazon.co.uk, internet bookshop <www.amazon.co.uk> Play.com www.play.com Tesco www.tesco.com The Internet Bookshop <www.internetbookshop.co.uk> The Book Place <www.thebookplace.com> W.H. Smith bookshop <www.whsmith.co.uk> Waterstone's Booksellers <www.waterstones.co.uk> Barnes and Noble internet bookshop <barnesandnoble.com (www.bn.com)> Borders internet bookshop <www.borders.com> Books Online <www.bol.com>
Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk sometimes say our books are either currently unavailable or delivered within 4-6 weeks. That's their system: ignore it: our books are available from Amazon and will be delivered in 2-3 days (try using the 'new & used' section).
and waterstones.co.uk (among
others) will deliver in 3-5 days.
CRESCENT MOON PUBLISHING
P.O. Box 393, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 5XU, U.K.
tel: 01622-729593 (from the UK)
01144-1622-729593 (from the US)
0044-1622-729593 (from other territories)
E-MAIL AND INTERNET
Orders and enquiries: <email@example.com>
Andy Goldsworthy | Art | Art in Close-Up Series | Sculpture | Painters | American Painters | Renaissance Painters | Renaissance Writers | J.R.R. Tolkien | Harry Potter and J.K. Rowling | Cinema | Media, Cinema, Culture, Feminism | Feminism and Gender Studies | Literature | Poetry | Contemporary Poetry | Novelists | 19th Century and Romantic Culture | European Writers | British Poets | Shakespeare Studies | Arthur Rimbaud Studies | D.H. Lawrence Studies | John Cowper Powys Studies | Thomas Hardy Studies | Journals | Alchemy Records | Index of Titles, ISBNs, Dates and Prices | New Titles and Forthcoming Books | TV arts documentaries on DVD and video